Grandstand Merchandise sells online though a dedicated webstore and showed considerable sales in the final quarter of 2012 though Amazon. GSM had neglected it’s eBay operation set up around 18 months ago but with renewed vigour have dedicated resource for eBay. In the first month the eBay sales equalled their Amazon sales for the month, effectively doubling their revenue.
This is a very fan based sport and sales rise and fall with the fate of the teams, even though you do get hardcore fans!
GSM will take the new 2013 ranges straight to the customer as early as possible for this season so fans can get geared up for beside the track. On the website, they will be offering a pre-ordering system for the new 2013 ranges.
GSM have an expanded international base with large orders coming from Malaysia, Brazil and the Pacific regions. Their plan is to expand internationally with my support with respect to marketplaces in 2013.
I work with GSM on a monthly contract and my services include:
– eBay optimisation and integration into Channeladvisor
– Amazon Integration and optimisation
– Marketing services and SEO for their webstore
– Support and advice for their team
Through a design partner (createyourtemplate gmBH)
– Project management of the initial and re-design of the webstore on 2013
– Project management and development of the current eBay design and implementation