Posts tagged christmas-e-commerce
Most retailers depend heavily on Christmas sales. So how can you do better this year than last?
- Set up a separate advertising campaign and make sure your merchandise fits
- Create specific seasonal landing pages for your products to improve optimisation at this earlier stage. Remember you have 4 seconds to convert your customer so make sure you test and fine tune these pages.
- Pull last years top searches, there is a good chance last years searches will mirror this years
- Dust off last years successful email marketing campaigns and make sure you don’t repeat mistakes
- Don’t repeat on last years ‘non sellers’ If they didn’t sell last year they won’t this year either
- Make sure your items can be found in time for the Christmas season, search engines can take a while, which not try shopping comparison engines or other pay per click methods and specifically design them for the Christmas market.
- Be prepared to change your promotional activities quickly in response to the market. Don’t wait till next year to get rid of a dud method.
- Make sure those changes you were going to make to the site are made and you don’t start fiddling mid season.
- Streamline your checkout, make sure all the information is displayed and your customer has minimal fields to fill in. No one likes a cumbersome checkout when your Christmas on line shopping. Time is of the essence.
Another point highlighted by Lets Talk E-commerce
Make your shipping process completely transparent.
As the big day approaches, online shoppers have one big question: Will I get my order on time?